SLIP source code in ULTRIX 3.0

Mogens Rom Andersen, Udviklingsafdelingen danmra at danvx1.dannet.dk
Thu Oct 12 18:57:03 AEST 1989

Hey ULTRIX folks

We have an urgent need for SLIP connections to our microvax running ULTRIX 3.0.

There is a bug in ULTRIX 3.0, which means it's impossible to run more than
one SLIP connection, on different net in parallel. Is the problem solved
in ULTRIX 3.1 or is there any hints from DEC on when ?

DEC support says it's no good to ask them because it's unsupported software.
Anybody got hold on the SLIP source code to ULTRIX 3.0 ? How, when & where ?

We have to find a solution, so we will try to port the BSD 4.3 SLIP to
ULTRIX 3.0. Did anybody try the same solution and did you have succes ?

Any other obscure proposals ?

	Mogens Rom Andersen
	danNet a/s
	3460 Birkerod