SLIP source code in ULTRIX 3.0

Simon Poole poole at chx400.switch.ch
Mon Oct 16 19:52:36 AEST 1989

In article <SHIN.89Oct15140730 at silk.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp> shin at silk.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp (Shin Yoshimura) writes:
>In article <8164 at cbmvax.UUCP> grr at cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:
>
> >This problem has been reported here a number of times, with no particular
> >conclusion posted.  The code is supposed to be derived from the standard
> >slip sources, however it has been integrated is a somewhat different
> >manner.  It's not clear whether then limitation of 1 line is because it
> >was compiled that way, or whether it's a bug in the Ultrix implementation.
Somewhere in /usr/sys/<your_system> there's a file sl.h lying around with
#define NSL 1
in it (if you have SLIP configured, otherwise its 0). According to the
BSD 4.3 sources this determines the max number of SLIP
lines. So I would assumed that it is actually compiled for only one
line.

>I hear that this bug is fixed on Ultrix 3.1.  Has anyone try it ?
                  ^^^ bug? It seems to be deliberate. Anyway it's probably
still around (I haven't actually tested 3.1 with more than one SLIP
connection).