Maxtor 760M drives in Ultrix

Chris Myers chris at wugate.wustl.edu
Fri Oct 13 03:25:30 AEST 1989

In article <2529 at dogie.macc.wisc.edu> edwards at dogie.macc.wisc.edu (mark edwards) writes:

>I was told the largest hard drive that Ultrix could handle was DEC's
>RX55 (a 300M +) drive. Is it possible to use something larger, say
>Maxtor's 760M drives?

wuarchive.wustl.edu is a DECstation 3100 with two Imprimis (CDC) Wren V
disks (600M each, formatted) and an Exabyte (2GByte 8mm tape backup) and
it works perfectly.  We have just ordered a third Wren V and are trying
to get our greedy little hands on one of the new Imprimis Elite disks (1.5G)
for testing purposes.

Chris Myers                                    Internet: chris at wugate.wustl.edu
Software Engineer                                    BITNET: chris at wunet.bitnet
Office of the Network Coordinator                      UUCP: uunet!wugate!chris
Washington University in Saint Louis                     Phone: +1 314 362 6186