Mail-problem

Don Kossman don at edison.UUCP
Thu Sep 21 08:45:29 AEST 1989

we just had the same problem.  turns out that a couple
of the uucp spool directories had somehow disappeared;
although we have no idea why this happened.

anyway, this causes the error from uux.  check the contents of
/usr/spool/uucp/ERRLOG, you should find more detailed error messages.
and make sure that all of the directories in /usr/spool/uucp/sys/DEFAULT
and /usr/spool/uucp/sys/othersystem are present.  see the "guide to
uucp" section in the ultrix "system management" manual (volume 3).

[should be C., D., D.yoursys, D.yoursysX, and X. directories,
all owned by uucp, group owner daemon.]

you can also try running uux (as root) with debugging (-x9) turned
on, to see what's happening.

don
--
------
don kossman, sei information technology, los angeles