Loss of memory

kris graham graham at fuel.dec.com
Fri Sep 8 12:31:24 AEST 1989

>It turns out that we had a hardware problem with some of the SIMMs.
>I could have determined this right away if I had just known about the
>"t ?" command from the console monitor.  Try it.  It is much different
>from the "test" command -- much more in-depth and informative.

"scsi pb"  is also very useful...it probes/reconfigures all scsi devices
on-line.

Also, a "?" after a given command will normally tell you what options
are available with that command at the DECstation 3100 console.

BTW:  Replacing those SIMMs without any real expertise is not
           recommended.   The procedure is an art by itself ;-)

--
Christopher Graham
Digital Equipment Corp