VS2000 Serial port

powers at miavx1.acs.muohio.edu powers at miavx1.acs.muohio.edu
Mon Aug 6 23:22:09 AEST 1990

About a week ago I asked for information about using the 25 pin serial port
on a VAXstation 2000 for SLIP.  I haven't gotten any responses and am still
having no luck.  Now I'd like to just get the port working for a terminal.

When I plug in a set of RS232 test lights nothing comes up, same is true if
I use a vt320 terminal.  I'm convinced that the cable from the port to the
tester is good (checked on another machine).

I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction to
resurrect this guy.

			Mark Powers
			Miami University
			Academic Computer Service