adding fujitsu drive to decstation 3100

James E. Leinweber jiml at uwslh.slh.wisc.edu
Thu Dec 20 16:54:02 AEST 1990

robm at janus.Berkeley.EDU (Rob McNicholas) writes:
>chpt -pa 0 23850 -pb 23851 58830 -pc 0 1313340 -pg 82681 1230660 /dev/rrz2a
>However, chpt says:
>chpt: cannot set partition table in driver: Mount device busy

Yeah, I got bit by this one too, and scratched my head for *days* till I
figured out that chpt won't change the size of the partition for the device
that it is running against.  The secret is to do chpt -pa ... /dev/rrz2c
separately from chpt -pb ... /dev/rrz2a.

By the way, if your genvmunix will talk to your 3rd party disk, you can
use it as the boot device, even during initial installation, provided
you use the system maintenance mode or other means to get the partition table
established first, and Ctrl-C out of the advanced installation prior to
the /usr filesystem allocation to fake a disktab entry.  Reboot, and voila!
--
Jim Leinweber  (608)262-0736   State Lab. of Hygiene/U. of Wisconsin - Madison
jiml at sente.slh.wisc.edu	       uunet!uwvax!uwslh!jiml        fax:(608)262-3257