Maxtor 8760s on a DecStation 3100

Eric Fielding eric at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu
Wed Feb 7 09:09:03 AEST 1990

In a recent article edwards at dogie.macc.wisc.edu (mark edwards) wrote:
>We finally got our DecStation 3100 and a Maxtor 8760S hard drive.
[...]
>We are interested in hearing from other people that use the 8760 and
>whether or not they use it as a boot device. How have other people
>installed Ultrix on a 8760? Should we be forewarned of any other
>problems?
We have been running our DECstation 3100 off of a Maxtor 8760S since August
with no major problems.  I did not do the installation myself, someone
else did.  We started with a 100 MB internal (rz23), so he may have loaded a
small system onto that before loading the 8760, I don't know.

>Also if someone has a disktab entry for the rz80 or the 8760 we'd
>greatly appreciate a copy.
>    edwards at vms.macc.wisc.edu

Here is what is now in our /etc/disktab (I can't tell you anything more):

rz80|RZ80|DEC RZ80 Winchester ?:\
        :ty=winchester:ns#57:nt#15:nc#1423:\
        :pa#15884:ba#8192:fa#1024:\
        :pb#66690:bb#4096:fb#1024:\