SLIP for Ultrix 3.1

Steve McCoole smm at acd4.UUCP
Wed Feb 7 06:31:08 AEST 1990

   We used to have a version of SLIP from ucb that would work on an
Ultrix 2.3 system.  With the changes to 3.1 it no longer works due
to massive changes in the internal structures of the kernel.  We
have looked at the SLIP that DEC supplies with Ultrix and tried it
but it will only allow one connection per link, which isn't really
useful.  We also do not have Ultrix source so changing the old driver
is not very likely either.

   The question is then, could anyone please direct us to a PD
version of SLIP that will run on Ultrix 3.1 machines?  It would
also be wonderful if the code would work on the DEC RISC machines.
Please e-mail any information that you might have to me and I will
summarize the net if there is interest.

Thanks in advance!

Steve McCoole
Applied Computing Devices