Serial problems on DecStations?

Steve Watt steve at wattres.UUCP
Thu Feb 15 18:08:32 AEST 1990

I was trying to get a Ventel Pathfinder 18K up on a DecStation 3100 running
UWS 2.1, and having absolutely no success.  The Ventel looks like a Telebit
T1000, mostly.  My problem:  If I set up the /etc/remote file so it has some
19200 baud entries, add it to my L-devices, and then try to cu to it, cu
(which dumps core if not invoked exactly right) says "Connected", and then
attached to a PC.  I hooked in the breakout box, and did not see any notable
differences in the signals going into the modem.  Dropping the speed doesn't
do anything, until you get down to 2400 baud.  Then it works OK.  Ugh.

  Any suggestions out there??

--
Steve Watt
...!claris!wattres!steve        wattres!steve at claris.com is reported to work.