Remote print spooling ultrix -> vms (decnet)

Peter Murray pemurray at miavx1.acs.muohio.edu
Thu Jul 19 10:23:21 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul17.161156.5886 at portia.Stanford.EDU>, kocks at jessica.stanford.edu (Peter Kocks) writes:
> We have several dec 3100's running ultrix and decnet.  We also have
> several vms machines (also with decnet).  I would like to have the
> ultrix machines use the printers attached to the vms machines.  My
> question is how to get vms to allow print spooling from a specified
> list of ultrix machines?

Possibly a better solution would be to port BSD's lpd code to VMS (using
the Berkely Socket Library), so that any BSD machine (including Ultrix)
could use the printer.  Miami was looking at doing that at one time, but
no one here has the time to put into the project.  Has anyone else done
the port?

Peter
--
Peter Murray	                       215 Foxfire Dr #308, Oxford, Ohio  45056
ACS Consultant                                           pemurray at miavx1.bitnet
APSVAX/APSTWR Manager                             murrayp at apsvax.aps.muohio.edu
Miami University                      NeXT Mail:  pemurray at next4.acs.muohio.edu