Remote print spooling ultrix -> vms (decnet)

Allen Leibowitz allen at kwan.det.dec.com
Tue Jul 24 01:01:28 AEST 1990

kocks at jessica.stanford.edu (Peter Kocks) writes:
> >> several vms machines (also with decnet).  I would like to have the
> >> ultrix machines use the printers attached to the vms machines.  My
> >> question is how to get vms to allow print spooling from a specified
> >> list of ultrix machines?

There is also a "-P" (print) option in dcp if you can use the default
sys$print on that machine.  See man dcp. C.f.: looks something like:

                                                         dcp(1dn)
NAME
     dcp - copy files between DECnet nodes

     -P   prints the files at the default printer on the remote
          system.

Allen Leibowitz
DEC ULTRIX Resource Center       <allen at kwan.enet.dec.com>
Farmington Hills, Michigan  USA