Tiny bug in lockd. Dies if hostname too long.

Farhad Shakeri farhad at CS.Stanford.EDU
Sat Jul 21 02:08:51 AEST 1990

I just installed a new cluster of 3100s and a 5400 as its server.
I had to modify the source for lockd to make it work.

The problem with lockd was that in prot_libr.c the buffer
hostname was limited to 20 characters (line 37 3.1c source)
and the same for gethostname() function (line 73).  When I
doubled these sizes, everything worked.  All of our hostnames
have .Stanford.EDU at their end .

Is this problem fixed in 4.0 ?

Ultrix is not the only OS.  We discoverd this problem in Sun OS
too (I do not know about their 4.1 yet) .