Tiny bug in lockd. Dies if hostname too long.

diamond@tkovoa diamond at tkou02.enet.dec.com
Mon Jul 23 15:32:20 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul20.160851.2846 at Neon.Stanford.EDU> farhad at CS.Stanford.EDU (Farhad Shakeri) writes:

>The problem with lockd was that in prot_libr.c the buffer
>hostname was limited to 20 characters (line 37 3.1c source)
>and the same for gethostname() function (line 73).  When I
>doubled these sizes, everything worked.

I would #include <sys/param.h> and use the macro MAXHOSTNAMELEN
instead of an arbitrary number.  MAXHOSTNAMELEN is 64 on an
Ultrix 4.0 machine in our department.

Can't answer your other questions; it sounds like you have more
source code than our department has.
Norman Diamond, Nihon DEC     diamond at tkou02.enet.dec.com
This is me speaking.  If you want to hear the company speak, you need DECtalk.