DBM(3X) on Ultrix 3.X

Brian V O'Neill oneill at bass.bu.edu
Fri Jul 27 02:47:24 AEST 1990

In article <VIXIE.90Jul25174547 at volition.pa.dec.com> vixie at decwrl.dec.com (Paul A Vixie) writes:
>libdbm.a is really a .o file; ld(1) can read it, don't worry.
>
>[jove:vax] file /usr/lib/libdbm.a
>/usr/lib/libdbm.a:      executable (object file) not stripped
>--
>Paul Vixie
>DEC Western Research Lab	<vixie at wrl.dec.com>
>Palo Alto, California		...!decwrl!vixie

Yes, I figured on the object file after I did a strings on the file and saw
dbm.c in there, but unfortunately nothing I try works. All the dbm functions
come back as not defined during linking, although the executable is still
built. The executable is useless, though, giving 'illegal instruction'.

Brian O'Neill - Local Internet Access Account
Internet: oneill at bu-pub.bu.edu
UUCP    : ...!bu.edu!bu-pub!oneill