DBM(3X) on Ultrix 3.X

Brian V O'Neill oneill at bass.bu.edu
Thu Jul 26 05:08:34 AEST 1990

Having just taken over a fairly large network consisting mostly of Ultrix
systems, I have come across a problem. All our systems are currently running
3.0 or 3.1. While working on compiling BNews, I discovered that the libdbm.a
file was corrupt on one system (ar reported not in archive format). I went
to another system, and found the exact same problem. I checked practically
every system, and it appears that all copies of libdbm.a are corrupt. Was it
distributed like this? Is it fixed in 4.0? What is the current solution? I
tried using GNU gdbm, but BNews doesn't seem to like it very much...

Brian O'Neill - Local Internet Access Account
Internet: oneill at bu-pub.bu.edu
UUCP    : ...!bu.edu!bu-pub!oneill