Question about /usr/ucb/man -P option

Rouben Rostamian rostamia at umbc3.UMBC.EDU
Sat Jul 14 06:39:12 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul13.174942.7967 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> melanie at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Melanie Anderson ) writes:

>yes indeed, ultrix 4.0 includes /usr/bin/man (old-style ultrix man) and
>/usr/ucb/man which is the bsd-style man and it does indeed have a -P option
>that does indeed acutally work.

According to the documentation for ultrix V4.0, you may indeed specify an
alternate path (to replace the default /usr/man) for the man page top
directory using the -P option.  Alas, as far as I can tell, the -P option
does not accept more than one directory name, so you cannot say
man -P /usr/man:/usr/local/man:/usr/private/man ...
as you do in System V derived systems.