Twm and TCP/IP routing for a DEC VT1000 X terminal

John 'Fast-Eddie' McMahon fasteddy at amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov
Sat Jul 7 06:51:40 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul6.170446.10025 at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca>, cks at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (Chris Siebenmann) writes...
: We have a just-delivered DEC VT1000 X terminals (ROM rev 1.2, 2M RAM)
:here, and we've run into some problems with it. The first is that it
:can't seem to reach anything except the network/Ethernet it's on. When
:we try and start up a Telnet session, the terminal tells us that IP
:address is unreachable

Initial versions of the VT1000 did not have the ability to static route, nor
listen to IP routing protocols.  I inquired at the last DECUS and got the
impression that new roms would be shipped (near term) to provide this
functionality.

John "Fast Eddie" McMahon                        FASTEDDY at DFTNIC.GSFC.NASA.GOV
Code 930.4 - Advanced Data Flow Technology Office      SDCDCL::FASTEDDY (SPAN)
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD               (301) 286-2045
             (Soon to be at TGV, Incorporated - MCMAHON at TGV.COM)