DECwindows 2.2 and X11R4

Ted Lemon mellon at fenris.pa.dec.com
Sat Jul 7 03:50:59 AEST 1990

The R4 programs seem to work fairly well on UWS2.2.  Of course, you
don't get the SHAPES extension, but I'm not real fond of it anyway -
your milage may vary.  Also, xmh seems to have a problem getting the
meta key which I haven't researched yet.

You won't be able to use dxpsview or dxcalendar with an R4 server -
dxpsview because the Display PostScript [TM] extension is missing, and
dxcalendar because of a bug that's fixed in the current bits, but
wasn't known when UWS2.2 was shipped.

				_MelloN_