DECstation CD-ROM driver?

Ted Lemon mellon at fenris.pa.dec.com
Fri Jul 27 04:53:07 AEST 1990

Not true.   Here's the text that my RIS server printed last time it
booted:

Ultrix Worksystem V2.1 (Rev. 14) System #1: Fri Jan 19 13:57:10 PST 1990
real mem = 8388608
avail mem = 5562368
using 204 buffers containing 835584 bytes of memory
KN01 processor - system rev 1
cpu0 ( version 1.6, implementation 2 )
fpu0 ( version 1.5, implementation 3 )
rz0 ( RZ55 )
rz1 ( RZ55 )
rz4 ( RRD40 )
tz5 ( TK50 )
se0 ( ethernet address 8-0-2b-e-d6-d5 )

As you can see, there's an RRD40 attached.   If you have an RRD40, you
should also be able to use it under Ultrix 3.1.   I'm running standard
bits on this machine, so there's nothing special you need to do.   In
fact, you should be able to boot from the RRD40.

If you're having trouble, you've probably either cabled it up wrong,
set the unit number and options switches incorrectly (I can never get
them right either), or the unit is defective.   I suggest that you
double-check your installation, and then call Field Service if that
doesn't work.

I'd be interested to know who told you that the RRD40 doesn't work...

				_MelloN_