DECstation CD-ROM driver?

Doug Tody CCS tody at noao.edu
Fri Jul 27 04:07:00 AEST 1990

Our DECstation 3100, purchased about 9 months ago, came configured with
the DEC CD-ROM reader.  We subsequently discovered that there was no
software in the system to access this device, and the latest word we
get from DEC is that there will still be no support in Ultrix 4.0 (which
we haven't seen yet).  Can this be true?  Is DEC really selling hardware
without the software to access it?  If anyone knows of a driver which
we can use to access the CD-ROM reader, from DEC or a third party, I would
appreciate hearing about it.  Thanks.

--
Doug Tody, National Optical Astronomy Observatories, Tucson AZ, 602-325-9217
UUCP: {arizona,decvax,ncar}!noao!tody  or  uunet!noao.edu!tody