1st book for Ultrix novices

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vtserf.cc.vt.edu
Thu Jul 19 05:01:58 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul18.163818.16806 at athena.mit.edu> chuck at mitlns.mit.edu writes:

>  What is a good book to for a first time Ultrix user to get started with?
>These are smart people with VMS experience. They don't want to learn

I don't remember the title. But I believe it's Digital Press, and it's
by Philip Bourne (No, no relation), and it's something like "Unix for
VMS Users" or the like.  Good book, lots of figures and examples.
He gives sessions at every DECUS with lots of stuff from the book (he
road tested it that way!) that are very popular with the migration
crowd.