HELP with DECstation 3100

maoursler at miavx0.ham.muohio.edu maoursler at miavx0.ham.muohio.edu
Tue Jul 10 09:55:31 AEST 1990

Hi,

	Well, we the people at Miami are still having loads of fun with
	our new DECstation 3100. 8-)

	I have another problem that I very much hope has a SIMPLE solution.
	Somehow, I very much doubt it.  The problem is that when I use the
	'setld' command to install some libraries I get a rather unfriendly
	message telling me that package 'foo' requires package 'bar'.  Upon
	checking, it seems we have the newer version of 'bar'.  It asks for
	version 3 and we have 3.1.

	Example:   requires UDTCOMM030  (we have UDTCOMM031)

	I am writing this from memory, so I may be somewhat mixed up in my
	names, but this is the general problem.  We are unable to install
	several packages because of this.  Is there anything we can do
	short of getting newer versions of the packages that are looking
	for older stuff or getting older versions of the newer stuff.

	ALL help greatly appreciated.  I am ODing on Tylenol.

					- Miles -
					  maoursler at miavx1.acs.muohio.edu
					  maoursler at miavx2.bitnet