5400 binary and 3100 binary, are they compatible both ways?

Greg Pavlov pavlov at canisius.UUCP
Sun Jul 22 14:33:32 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul20.162904.3793 at Neon.Stanford.EDU>, farhad at CS.Stanford.EDU (Farhad Shakeri) writes:

>  [ indicating problems in moving binaries from DEC 5400 to DEC 3100's ]

  We haven't tried to move system binaries. But we have a DEC 5400, DEC 5810,
  and DEC 3100's and have been able to move binaries betweenthem at will -
  including the INGRES DBMS package, BLAST, and a commercial text editor. Also,
  a large number of our own applications programs.

  greg pavlov, fstrf, amherst, ny