moving root onto local disk of DS3100

John Chang changj at turing.cs.rpi.edu
Thu Jul 19 02:23:44 AEST 1990

We have several ds3100 running ultrix 3.1 begin served as diskless clients
by a ds5400.  We are trying to move the root of ds3100 onto the local rz23
disk to have them boot locally.  We have so far tarred all the files in the
/dlclient0/client.root over onto the local disk, including all . files, made
all the appropriate directories, edited the config file to indicate root on
local disk and made a new kernel.  When we then try to boot it from the local
disk, we get "?417 btblk fmt" message.  Does anyone know what this means or
what we have to do to make it boot locally?  Thanks.