Ultrix3.1 bug in ioctl(2)?

Piet Tutelaers rcpt at tuegate.tue.nl
Mon Jun 4 20:58:42 AEST 1990

pilmeyer at utrtsc.dec.com (Han Pilmeyer) writes:
>I've ran the noecho program (compiled with -DULTRIX_BUG) on several ULTRIX
>systems. ULTRIX versions include V3.0 and V3.1 on both VAX and RISC.

>I'm not getting error messages, and there is no echo for what I type.

The bug I have reported is because I used gcc (version 1.36), without
verifying, I supposed that the bug would also exist in native Ultrix
compilers. I have checked cc(1) on VAX (Ultrix 3.0) and MIPSEL (Ultrix 3.1)
and indeed: no runtime error and no echo! Thanks Han.

There is one saying: ``Don't jump to conclusions''. I am very sorry I did
not obey this advice.

Perhaps the error should be reported elsewhere?

--Piet