Problem getting LAT printers to work on Ultrix V4.0

Matt Thomas thomas at mipsbx.lkg.dec.com
Sat Oct 6 11:27:24 AEST 1990

In article <259 at ubeaut.oz.au>, mwp at ubeaut.oz.au (Michael Paddon) writes:
> I've been running LAT printers under 4.0 for several months now with no
> problems. I don't recall doing anything special so here's the relevant
> setup details:
[...]
> (1) Make sure your ethernet interface is ifconfig'd up.

In ULTRIX V4.0, LAT automaticly adds an ifaddr to all usable interfaces.
This is enought to start them up (it's also enough for DLI/MOP).  This means
yuou don't have to run IP or DECnet if you don't want to.

Another feature is that you can use ttyXX instead of /dev/ttyXX.  (If name
alone doesn't exist, then /dev/ is prepended and the new name is checked.