ds5000/200 Ultrix4 dbx problems

Richard Weier weier at twolf4.CE.YALE.EDU
Tue Oct 30 03:48:30 AEST 1990

In article <15270 at cbmvax.commodore.com>, grr at cbmvax.commodore.com (George Robbins) writes:
|> > In article <26832 at cs.yale.edu> weier at twolf.ce.yale.edu writes:
|> >
|> >    It appears that dbx for the DS5000 provides no way of calling a
|> >    function.  Why has the extremely handy "call" command been removed?
|> >    This drastically cuts into our development efficiency!
|>
|> If I recall, QAR channel is appropriate for Field Test sites, normal sites
|> file an SPR (sofware performance report) instead.  In either case complaining
|> is likely to be ineffective, you must get some paper filed.  If you have
|> access to the normal support center channels, you can get the support center
|> people to do this for you, but you may have to insist, it doesn't happen
|> by default.
|>
|> You should also make your sales person aware of serious problems that affect
|> the usability/value of the product, it can't hurt.

Last week I gave DEC a call about this problem.  This morning I got a call from a DEC employee who said that they have recieved many complaints about the missing dbx "call" function. The problem has been fixed and the "call" function is going to be available with the next release.  Until then, we can all use the "print" command discoverd by Lavagno.