ds5000/200 Ultrix4 dbx problems

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.commodore.com
Sat Oct 20 01:07:36 AEST 1990

In article <1179 at sun13.scri.fsu.edu> hudgens at sun13.scri.fsu.edu (Jim Hudgens) writes:
> In article <26832 at cs.yale.edu> weier at twolf.ce.yale.edu writes:
>
>    It appears that dbx for the DS5000 provides no way of calling a
>    function.  Why has the extremely handy "call" command been removed?
>    This drastically cuts into our development efficiency!
>
> We recently complained about this through the proper channels.
> The person I spoke to mentioned that he would file a QAR (???) or something
> like that.

If I recall, QAR channel is appropriate for Field Test sites, normal sites
file an SPR (sofware performance report) instead.  In either case complaining
is likely to be ineffective, you must get some paper filed.  If you have
access to the normal support center channels, you can get the support center
people to do this for you, but you may have to insist, it doesn't happen
by default.

You should also make your sales person aware of serious problems that affect
the usability/value of the product, it can't hurt.

but no way officially representing:   domain: grr at cbmvax.commodore.com