vms/cms -> ultrix/rcs

Karl T. Braun kral braun at dri.com
Sat Oct 13 07:58:32 AEST 1990

We are going through the (very painful) process of converting our rather
large and long running (read: many revisions) project which is currently
archived under vms and cms (I don't believe mms is used).  We would like
to bring it over to our Ultrix machine under rcs with the rest of our projects.

Currently one of the engineers has a wieldy and fragile set of csh/sh and dcl
scripts running which

	(1)	check out a file from cms, old revision

	(2)	move it (via dcp) to the ultrix machine

	(3)	ci it into the rcs system.

This must be done one revision at a time for each file.  Can you say *BARFO*?

Anyone got any better ideas (boy, I sure hope so!)?

Oh, BTW:

	VMS: mv3400 running vms 5.3 and decnet, no other ultrix
		support software.

	Ultrix: mv3100 running 3.1 Ultrix with Decnet Ultrix

	(note: no VMS Ultrix Connection)

THanx

--
kral * 408/647-6112 *               ...!uunet!drivax!braun * braun at dri.com
That which does not kill us Makes us stronger - Nietzche