Is there appletalk support in Ultrix 4.0? And if not...

Michael Temkin mst at mx.csun.edu
Sat Sep 1 15:28:39 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug31.233451.3638 at wrl.dec.com> mogul at wrl.dec.com (Jeffrey Mogul) writes:
>In article <1990Aug31.070826.23080 at ircam.ircam.fr> mf at ircam.ircam.fr (Michel Fingerhut) writes:
>>... does anyone have the required patches to the kernel to have it there?
>I've heard a rumor that someone (perhaps at Columbia?  I've forgotten)
>has done Appletalk support for Ultrix using the packet filter (which
>is available in Ultrix 4.0).  Or perhaps the rumor was that it had
>been done for the Stanford packet filter, which essentially the same
>code.
>-Jeff

I just installed PacerShare/PacerLink on 3.1, and it is also supposed to
work on 4.0.  I haven't yet really gotten into it, and you do have to pay
for it, but it should do the trick.  When I have more info, I will let
you all know, that is unless someone from Pacer would like to get in
on the discussion...(hint, hint) :-)

Mike.

--
Mike Temkin
mst at csun.edu
Cal. State U. Northridge, School of Engineering and Computer Science
Voice phone: (818) 885-3919