ok, what am I doing wrong?

Matt Thomas thomas at mipsbx.lkg.dec.com
Tue Sep 25 23:55:53 AEST 1990

In article <4252 at husc6.harvard.edu> sob at harvisr.UUCP (Scott Bradner) writes:
>When I try and remake the kernel on the version of Ultrix 4.0 I get an
>unresolved global.
>	Undefined:
>	lock_kmtbsync_d
>I don't think I'm requesting any bisync drivers (the config file is just
>whatever the install shell came up with) any ideas what is going on?
>(or, more to the point, what do I do to get around it?)

You installed the V4.0 MUP and then tried to rebuild your kernel without
doing a make clean first.  Since tar preserves dates, when the kernel
binary subset was restored it through off the dependencies for make.
You will need reset them by doing a make clean.
Matt Thomas                     Internet:   thomas at wrl.dec.com
DECnet-ULTRIX Development       UUCP:       ...!decwrl!thomas
Digital Equipment Corporation   Disclaimer: This message reflects my own
Littleton, MA                               warped views, etc.