xfig2.8 under Ultrix 3.1D

Michael Almond mra at srchtec.uucp
Fri Sep 7 05:25:21 AEST 1990

I am installing xfig2.8 (from uunet) on a DECsystem 3100 running Ultrix
3.1D.  I get the following error during the final compilation that
produces xfig:

   arc_ic: both a large and small symbol (possible gp relocation errors may result)
   box_ic: both a large and small symbol (possible gp relocation errors may result)
   change.o: gp relocation out-of-range in .text section for relocation entry 88 for symbol: box_ic
   change.o: above gp relocation entry for non .sdata or .sbss symbol
   change.o: gp relocation out-of-range in .text section for relocation entry 533 for symbol: arc_ic
   change.o: above gp relocation entry for non .sdata or .sbss symbol

Has anyone else encounteed this?

Thanks.

---
Michael R. Almond                                 mra at srchtec.uucp (registered)
search technology, inc.                           gatech.edu!stiatl!srchtec!mra
Atlanta, Georgia                                  (404) 441-1457 (work)