Shouldn't stty commands on host LAT ports set remote baud rate?

Matt Thomas thomas at mipsbx.nac.dec.com
Fri Sep 7 13:10:36 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep6.082711.1826 at watmath.waterloo.edu> idallen at watmath.waterloo.edu (Ian! D. Allen [CGL]) writes:
>If a LAT port is supposed to behave just like a real hardware port,
>shouldn't I be able to stty the /dev/tty00 entry and have it set the
>baud rate of the corresponding port on the terminal server?
>
>I want to have a dial-in/dial-out modem that does autobaud coming in and
>uses Unix-selected speeds when going out, just like I can do currently
>with my real hardware ports.  How?

If your terminal server supports it and you're running V4.0 of ULTRIX, then
you can do it.  Otherwise no.
Matt Thomas                     Internet:   thomas at wrl.dec.com
DECnet-ULTRIX Development       UUCP:       ...!decwrl!thomas
Digital Equipment Corporation   Disclaimer: This message reflects my own
Littleton, MA                               warped views, etc.