Problem getting LAT printers to work on Ultrix V4.0

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.commodore.com
Mon Sep 24 18:30:13 AEST 1990

In article <7113.26fc941d at swift.cs.tcd.ie> michael at swift.cs.tcd.ie writes:
> We are having problems getting printers going using ports on a DECSERVER-200
> under Ultrix version 4.0, even though these seem to work on Ultrix 3.0 and on
> VMS 5.2.
>
> We think we have followed the instructions in the manual.

Make sure you specify :os=: - seem to recall we had to change this when
installing the lps software, which supposedly became the standard 4.0
print spooling system.

Also, make sure you have an error log file specified and see what kind of
messages show up there.   You can probably specify /dev/console if you're lazy.

but no way officially representing:   domain: grr at cbmvax.commodore.com