Cursor key input in curses ?

Van Cleef Henry H vancleef at iastate.edu
Thu Apr 25 03:46:44 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr24.140134.26133 at gumby.cc.wmich.edu> peirce at gumby.cc.wmich.edu (Leonard Peirce) writes:

>This was fixed in 4.0 although not completely.  I complained to DEC on
>numerous occasions when I was running 3.x and they finally sent me a patch
>but it only fixed the cursor keys.  Keys like Prev Screen, Next Screen,
>Find, etc., were still broken.  I was hoping everything would be fixed in
>4.x.  Sigh.....
>
>Sometime ago, someone posted here what the problem was.  It was something
>like a parameter being passed to a subroutine incorrectly.  I looked for it
>in what seems like an endless archive of stuff that I save but I couldn't
>find it.
>
>I would SPR this myself but I'm too busy trying to fix LAT printing.  Maybe
>sometime this week or early next week I'll have something to post about it.
>Grrr.....
>
>--
>Leonard Peirce                  Internet:  peirce at gumby.cc.wmich.edu
>Western Michigan University                peirce at gw.wmich.edu
>Academic Computing Services     UUCP:      ...!uunet!sharkey!wmichgw!peirce
>Kalamazoo, MI  49008            Phone:     (616) 387-5469
>
>"Answer that, it may be the phone." -- Anthony Wachs, "Tony In RH20 Land"

For those who don't know about it, Aspen Scientific in Colorado has an
excellent terminfo curses package for MS-DOS, OS/2, and VMS.  I have
used it to port Curses programs from Unix to these platforms.  If you
are doing serious work with Curses, I'd take a look at Aspen.  Don't have
their address here, somewhere in Denver area like Ft. Collins as I recall.