Also Interested: Future of VAX Ultrix

Scott Dorsey kludge at grissom.larc.nasa.gov
Thu Apr 4 00:13:00 AEST 1991

>I heard rumours that Dec is planning to quit VMS and move EVERYTHING to
>Ultrix ... (no kidding, I realy heard this and it was a week before the
>1st of April).

   No, there is actually a new port of RT-11 for the Vax and DECStation
machines, see, and they are going to phase out Ultrix, see, because they
don't like the idea that just anyone can write software for their machines.
Not only that, they are tripling the size of the RT-11 documentation set
and adding on a $18,000 surcharge for delivery...