Need assistance getting around a SCSI bug (through Ultrix)

John D. Woolverton woolstar at nntp-server.caltech.edu
Thu Apr 18 14:42:20 AEST 1991

   I have a DecStation 3100, running Ultrix 4.1 (recent upgrade)
and it's crashing all over the place.
   Actually, it's been crashing for years, but now it's a problem.
   I have a "real cheap" SCSI drive on it (Newbury NDR5380) that
doesn't support (very well) SCSI disconnect.  So every now and then
the system hangs when this bug is encountered.
   I'd turn the feature off on the drive if I could, but I have no
idea how.

   Does anyone have any idea how to get the DecStation to not
do SCSI disconnects anymore.  Anyway to modify scsi_data.c or some
other file, or some kernal configureation?
   Please help.

	woolstar at cobalt.caltech.edu