compliers for DECsystem 5000

Frank Wortner frank at croton.enet.dec.com
Tue Feb 5 03:57:13 AEST 1991

> The VAX version of Ultrix came with pascal,f77,modula2 and franz lisp
> but not the RISC version (on the unsupported tape).  Why is this and
> more importantly, how or where can I get this software for the 5000?

FORTRAN and Pascal are layered products and are available from Digital.
If memory
serves, a nice Modula 2 compiler can be had via anonymous FTP from
gatekeeper.dec.com.
Lucid sells a LISP for DECstations and DECsystems.  There might also be
a freeware LISP
somewhere out there, but I can't recall.  FTP the file ls-lR.Z;  it's a
complete listing of
gatekeeper's public directories.

Hope this helps.

					Frank