Disk woes on MVII / RD53

Paul Riddle paulr at umbc4.umbc.edu
Tue Feb 12 10:26:37 AEST 1991

In article <4983 at umbc3.UMBC.EDU> paulr at umbc5.umbc.edu (Paul Riddle) writes:

>Hi everyone,
>
>I've got a MicroVAX II here that was donated to our department.  It
>has three RD53 disks, one of which seems to be sick.  Currently I'm
etc...

Thanks to everyone who responded to my previous posting.  I decided that
for the time being, the easiest thing to do would be to try a low level
format on the drive (the machine isn't in great demand)...
Anyhow, I was able to locate the appropriate diagnostic tape floating
around campus, so I reformatted the drive and the errors haven't returned
yet.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks again,

Paul Riddle                         | paulr at umbc3.umbc.edu
Systems Programmer / Administrator  | ...!{uunet,haven}!umbc3!paulr
UMBC, Computer Science Department   |
Baltimore, MD 21228                 | (301) 455-3962