DEC's automounter, amd

Mike Iglesias iglesias at draco.acs.uci.edu
Sat Feb 9 09:55:01 AEST 1991

We're using the automounter that comes with Ultrix 4.1 pretty heavily
on 12 DECstation 5000s.  Occasionally, the automounter refuses to
mount a partition, and recently, has been getting a "bus error" and
the system has to be rebooted to become usable again.  Are other people
seeing problems like these under Ultrix 4.1?

I've been looking a little bit at amd, the improved automounter available
via anonymous ftp from usc.edu.  Does it work under Ultrix 4.1?  The
documentation mentions VAX Ultrix, but not RISC Ultrix.

Thanks,

Mike Iglesias
University of California, Irvine
Internet:    iglesias at draco.acs.uci.edu