Cnews help needed

Henry Spencer henry at zoo.toronto.edu
Fri Feb 22 03:35:32 AEST 1991

In article <2555 at bnlux0.bnl.gov> abrams at bnlux0.bnl.gov (The Ancient Programmer) writes:
>	We are attempting to install Cnews on a Decsystem 5000 running
>Ultrix 4.1, and have run into difficulties.  When we attempted to run
>doit.bin, the scipt aborted with the following errors: ...
>ccom: Warning: fgets.c, line 89: illegal pointer combination

A quick workaround is just to reconfigure not to use our stdio speedups.
They have a tendency to be tricky, since they have to fit the local stdio
implementation precisely.

Actually, these are "unimportant" errors, probably easily sorted out, but
if you're not up to wading through the details, you probably don't want
to try.
--
"Read the OSI protocol specifications?  | Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
I can't even *lift* them!"              |  henry at zoo.toronto.edu  utzoo!henry