Fujitsu Eagle == RA81

R. J. Auletta rauletta at gmuvax2.gmu.edu
Sun Feb 24 13:20:05 AEST 1991

We are in possession of a Fujitsu Eagle Disk Drive
(from a defunct Pyramid 90x.) and are wondering
if we should pursue moving it to a VAX3600/Q-Bus system.

Is this disk equivalent to an RA81? Can it be controlled
by a MSCP/DSA disk controller (currently with one RA82)
on a VAX3600? Do Eagle's come with different interfaces?

A quick look reveals that an adaptor cable will be required
as a minimum to adapt the ribbon cable to DEC's type of
cables. Where might one acquire such a beast? Fujitsu?
Dec?

How does the Eagle compare to an RA81/RA82 performance wise?

Your comments, suggestions are greatly appreciated.

--R J Auletta
  rauletta at sitevax.gmu.edu