Fujitsu Eagle == RA81

Terry Kennedy, Operations Mgr. terry at spcvxb.spc.edu
Sun Feb 24 13:49:17 AEST 1991

In article <3595 at gmuvax2.gmu.edu>, rauletta at gmuvax2.gmu.edu (R. J. Auletta) writes:

> Is this disk equivalent to an RA81? Can it be controlled
> by a MSCP/DSA disk controller (currently with one RA82)
> on a VAX3600? Do Eagle's come with different interfaces?

  A lot depends on your terminology. The "native" interface on a M2351A
(Eagle) is SMD. This is an older (but still popular) interface using a
60 pin and a 26 pin cable set.

  Various controllers speak MSCP to the host and SMD to the drive. An ex-
ample is the EMULEX QD32.

  DEC controllers speak MSCP to the host and SDI (Standard Disk Interface)
to the drive. If you have such a controller, you will need to acquire an
SDI adapter for the drive. Several vendors have such things, but I don't
know of any that sell them without drives. Systems Industries comes to
mind.

	Terry Kennedy		Operations Manager, Academic Computing
	terry at spcvxa.bitnet	St. Peter's College, US
	terry at spcvxa.spc.edu	(201) 915-9381