VMS source control of unix code

Bill Braden bbraden at mesrx.UUCP
Fri Feb 1 11:11:06 AEST 1991

We maybe embarking on a new development platform that will involve some
type of UNIX systems (yet to be determined).  Since we are currently a
VMS shop, one of the criteria for the new platform is a high degree of
compatablity with our existing systems.  A major problem is source
control.  Our current source control system relies heavly on DECs
CMS/MMS programs.  Idealy we would like to manage the unix source under
those programs.

Is this possiable?  I would like to hear ideas on the subject from
anyone that has investigated or implemented such a scheme.  I'm looking
for solutions, problems, dead ends, horror stories etc.  Please e-mail
and if enough interest is expressed, I will summarize.

I realize I cross posted this so don't flame me, however if there is
a catagory were more expertise on this subject would exist, please let
me know.

Bill Braden
!uunet!mesrx!bbraden            "Onward Through The Fog"