top on Ultrix 4.1

Kral braun at dri.com
Thu Feb 21 04:07:54 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb19.211406.29983 at eng.ufl.edu> mconlon at holly.stat.ufl.edu (Mike Conlon) writes:

>We have recently converted from Ultrix 3.1 to Ultrix 4.1. We had
>a utility called top which showed the processes using the highest amounts
>of various system resources. top maintained an active display of the top
>processes. The executable failed under 4.1 and when we recompiled we got
>errors regarding cp_time in vmunix. Apparently the 4.1 vmunix can not be
>used by top. top also worked under 4.0.

I have the same problem.  So far, I've converted (added conditional code) to
get around the splitting up of p_flag, but I've now run in to a lost cp_time
kernel symbol; and I've little time to figure out what the new logic should be.
Any pointers, tips, patches, new programs, etc, would be greatly appreciated.

--
kral * 408/647-6112 *               ...!uunet!drivax!braun * braun at dri.com
discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."