top on Ultrix 4.1

Chris Myers chris at wuarchive.wustl.edu
Wed Feb 20 11:28:36 AEST 1991

mconlon at holly.stat.ufl.edu (Mike Conlon) writes:

>We have recently converted from Ultrix 3.1 to Ultrix 4.1. We had
>a utility called top which showed the processes using the highest amounts
>of various system resources. top maintained an active display of the top
>processes. The executable failed under 4.1 and when we recompiled we got
>errors regarding cp_time in vmunix. Apparently the 4.1 vmunix can not be
>used by top. top also worked under 4.0.
>
>Does anyone have a patch for top, or a work-alike utility that is capable
>of an active display of the top CPU and memory using processes?

A patched version of top 2.5 is available for anonymous FTP from
wuarchive.wustl.edu [128.252.135.4] in the directory /packages.  It works
with Ultrix 3.x and Ultrix 4.x.

Chris Myers                                Internet: chris at wugate.wustl.edu
Software Engineer                           UUCP: ...!uunet!wuarchive!chris
Office of the Network Coordinator                BITNET: chris at wunet.bitnet
Washington University in Saint Louis                 Phone: +1 314 726 7390