Does V4.1 DECnet installation also require V4.0 media?

Yoseff Francus francus at e2big.mko.dec.com
Sat Feb 2 01:27:44 AEST 1991

In article <7091 at prowest.propress.com> pan at prowest.propress.com (Philip A. Naecker) writes:
>I just installed ULTRIX V4.1 from the CDROM on a virgin system.  The
>installation was uneventful, and it seemed that the installation automatically
>did the mandatory update.  Is that correct, or do I have to manually do the
>mandatory update, or is there none?

That is correct behavior, you have
to put in the mandatory upgrade.

>Also, when I tried to install DECnet from the same CD, setld complains that
>"DNPBASE400 requires the existence of the UDTBASE400 subset to operate
>correctly."

What you need to do is the following. Go to /usr/etc/subsets
and

# touch UDTBASE400.lk UDTBIN400.lk UDTINET400.lk UDTMAN400.lk

setld will now assume that those subsets have been created
and will properly install DECnet.

--
In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
A stately pleasure dome decree