DEC clients running under MIT X11R4?

Ken Lee klee at wsl.dec.com
Fri Feb 15 12:59:44 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb14.160319.2761 at vax5.cit.cornell.edu>, bqsy1 at vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:

|>        We recently built X11R4 on a DECstation 3100 running Ultrix 4.1,
|> using DEC's cc. Everything went well with no reported compilation or
|> linking errors. However, we have run into the following problem - we seem
|> to be unable to run the dx* binaries under X11R4. Any attempt to run these
|> produces a core dump.

If the clients are reporting that they cannot find certain fonts, then
you should install the fonts on your server machine.  There are various
ways to do this.  One easy work around is to install the DEC
fonts.alias file.  A copy of this is in the contrib directory of
expo.lcs.mit.edu.

--
Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee at wsl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee