DEC clients running under MIT X11R4?

bqsy1 at vax5.cit.cornell.edu bqsy1 at vax5.cit.cornell.edu
Fri Feb 15 07:03:19 AEST 1991

       We recently built X11R4 on a DECstation 3100 running Ultrix 4.1,
using DEC's cc. Everything went well with no reported compilation or
linking errors. However, we have run into the following problem - we seem
to be unable to run the dx* binaries under X11R4. Any attempt to run these
produces a core dump.
       My understanding of DEC's Xserver, and from looking at the
libraries and include files for DEC's X11, is that is an R4 port, without
the extensions. What else did DEC do to its clients to make them not work
under MIT's R4??
       I should say that we've run MIT clients under the DEC Xserver with
no problem. Even clients that require the shape extension run,though they
default to DEC's Server when opening windows and creating buttons and
widgets.
       Any help at all would be appreciated.

       Andrew Orndorff
       Cornell Information Technologies, Cornell University
       Internet: bqsy1 at vax5.cit.cornell.edu
       Bitnet:   bqsy1 at crnlvax5